Greenbush Tape & Label, Inc.
Home We print it all Label samples Get a quote In House Art Department Designers network Greenbush and historic preservation Contact us
Original Greenbush Tape & Label priniting machine purchased in 1966.
The original Greenbush Tape & Label printing machine was purchased by owner Al Chenot in 1966.

Greenbush Tape & Label’s Involvement In Historic Preservation
The “Greenbush Building” at 40 Broadway is one of the few which remain as part of the early industrial heritage of the City of Albany. “Over sixteen buildings lined Broadway at the turn of the 20th Century, one by one succumbing to fire, deterioration or making way for city improvements. 40 Broadway has survived due to its flexible plan and solid construction.”
In 1979, the building was purchased by the Chenot family. Since then they have worked hard to restore the building and to ensure its architectural integrity is not compromised. In 2003, the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, further ensuring its preservation.


top of page

 

The "Greenbush" Building was built circa 1892.
Built circa 1892, the “Greenbush” Building was first occupied by the John A. Goewey Company a “manufacturer of hollow ware, tea kettles and ham boilers.”

 

©2011 Greenbush Tape & Label. All Rights Reserved.